Net2 is a networked access control system. A networked system gives the advantages of central control, event reporting and flexible control over users’ access. Each control unit is part of a network but can run independently making its own decisions and remembering events.
The Net2 plus control unit connects to the central administration PC using an RJ45 plug into a standard TCP/IP Ethernet network. This greatly increases the flexibility of installation options on sites that have LAN/WAN networks. The Net2 plus control unit also has a RS485 connection. This means it can be connected to other Net2 plus or Net2 classic control units using a dedicated CAT5 cable.
One Net2 plus control unit can be the network interface to the LAN and also run a wired RS485 daisy chain of other Net2 plus or Net2 classic units, removing the need for an independent TCP/IP to RS485 converter. Net2 plus is also available with a Power over Ethernet (PoE) power supply. PoE is a technology that allows both power and data to be passed along Ethernet cabling. Net2 plus with PoE simply plugs straight into the existing LAN using a standard RJ45 plug (providing it is powered by either a compatible PoE switch or a PoE injector).
Control units are sold as a PCB only, within a plastic housing or mounted within a 2A boxed metal/plastic mains monitored backup power supply. The Net2 plus unit now comes with PoE+ power supply in metal/plastic cabinet; no separate mains supply back-up required.
- Single door networkable access control unit
- Plug into a TCP/IP network using a standard RJ45 plug
- Net2 plus can replace a TCP/IP convertor
- Net2 plus can also connect using RS485
- Net2 plus, Net2 classic and Net2 nano control units can be mixed on a site
- Diagnostic LEDs
- FLASH memory allows easy upgrades
- Use Paxton Access or 3rd party readers This product does not include a 3 pin UK plug